Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Omelette Français

Last night I watched the movie Julie&Julia, with one of my all time favourite actresses Meryl Streep in the leading role as Julia Child. As you may all know the story is taken from the book written by Julie Powell about the blog she started to record her big challenge; cooking all the recipes from Julia Child's cookbook 'Mastering the art of French cooking' within one year.

First of all, I loved the movie!! The sets, the clothes, the actors, every detail was done so perfectly. I am talking about the parts with Julia Child in them in particular, which played in the 1950's, an era I specifically like very much indeed! Beautiful cars, dresses (and aprons off course), kitchens and the ever so beautiful Paris itself.

There obviously was a lot of cooking going on and I was happy I already had dinner, or I would have jumped into the kitchen to prepare a real feast of delights! Especially mouthwatering was the tarte-tatin which I actually made myself last week, not as perfect as the one in the movie but almost and very tasty!

Honestly the movie inspired me to start this blog! To register my own tasty dishes and to try lots of new stuff to widen my culinary horizon.
I could not keep away from YouTube today to watch one of Julia Child's series she did back in the 50's. What a great woman, she seemed so sure about what she does and does it with such ease.
As you can see I watched the episode on how to bake the perfect omelette and tried to reproduce it. It didn't go too bad actually and it tasted great! The only thing I'll keep in mind for the next time is to make sure my nonstick pan is really, really hot when I pore the eggs in. It took me a little longer then twenty seconds; the amount of time it took Julia to bake it.

Next time I'll try something a little more difficult...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmvfUKwBrg



My version of Julia Childs Omelette

No comments:

Post a Comment