Saturday, October 9, 2010

Bar Fresco

I just have to let you know about one of my favourite bars in Como, I actually discovered it myself!

The name is Bar Fresco and it's located on the viale Lecco, may you ever come to this beautiful town and feel like a heavenly cocktail...

Before I found bar Fresco I wasn't particularly fond of cocktails, usually they are too sweet, with too much artificial flavouring. But at bar Fresco they make theirs with freshly squeezed apple/orange/lemon/grape/berry-juice, or whatever fruit may be in season. They think up these wonderful exotic combinations with ingredients like lemongrass, elderflower, chilli peppers, cinnamon, honey and lime. My all time favourite( I seem to use that term quiet often) cocktail is the apple martini which you can see in the first photo, It's with freshly centrifuged apple juice, gin and lime..Mmmm, so good! They also make fantastic non-alcoholic ones.

Off course it's all about cocktails in a cocktail bar but for a foody it is just a interesting to go there. They serve the most wonderful aperativi with these haute cuisine hors d’oeuvre...how fancy does that sound, huh...? The chef is not afraid to experiment with lovely fresh ingredients and serves these little snacks as if you find yourself in a 5 star restaurant.

See for yourself...

Ps. the third reason why I'm such a fan of this place is because they have a shelf full of books about cooking and restaurants. I always take a peek and sometime photograph new interesting recipes so I can make them at home.






2 comments:

  1. reading your article(s) is very appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Lisa,
    anche io sono un fan del Fresco Bar per gli cocktail ma anche per gli deliciosi aperitivi.
    Sono da Svizzera e ho amici in como che vado regularmente a visitare e ogni volta vado qua per l aperitivo. Adoro. Vengo ancora presto in Agosto. Forze ci vediamo qua!!
    Ciaooooooooo
    Delphine

    ReplyDelete