Monday, November 8, 2010

My color...Pantone 489C

I think it started about 7 years ago, my great love for the color nude. Sometimes it goes towards pink sometimes it looks a bit more like beige. It's the color I love to wear more then any color. It think it is because it suits my skin and hair color so well or because it's a sweet color that makes you feel comfortable and at ease.  I have a skin-coloured scarf, a ruffly dress, a see through cardigan, a home-made skirt of some fabric I had left from a collection, strappy shoes in a pink shade and a handbag in a more beige color. And off course lots a nudy underwear with black lace or with a pink bow.
My eye always seems to look for that one color and picks up all kinds of shades. I've even been accused of wearing too much of the same color, but I don't care. I love it and I know it suits me!

I use the color a lot in my work as well. Sometimes I use it as a white, a base for other colors. Just because it is so much more subtle and warm. Or I use it as a real color to go with lilac, ochre or dark blue. To me it is a very sophisticated color, one that never goes out of fashion.

Other colors I love:

- Dark(marine) Blue( my Love wears it a lot and it suits his blond hair and bright blue eyes so well)
- Ochre
- Lilac ( a lavender kind of shade, towards blue almost)
- Coral
- Hot Pink( with dark blue or nude)
- Aubergine
- Cinnamon
- Dusty pink
- Baby Blue
- Cream
- Or even bright Orange with a Nude
- Or a pistache Green
- Warm Grey
- Fresh light Yellow

I Think i should start drawing a new collection again. Sometimes I start a collection just of thinking about the colors. How they combine, what they say, what atmosphere they need to give to the clothes.
Then, as a second, come the shapes, the details and the fabrics...


Prada, Milano
strawberry risotto

Pitti Filati, Firenze

notebook from Paris

socks from Japan, lace from Zurich

French cookies

bird by Lisa Weinberg

                                            



No comments:

Post a Comment