Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Como, where I live..


I want to tell you a little more about my life in Como, where I have been living for the last year.
I came here in october last year to do a project called 'Comon' settimana della creatività, the week of creativity. It's about young designers meeting the world of silk-produce in Como. The city where they make silk scarves, ties and fabrics for all the big names in Fashion like Dior, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, etc.
We had a lot of meetings, lectures and 'aperativi', which means meeting people over a drink and a snack, during the week. And thats where I met my great Love...Ever since I have been living here in this beautiful town by the lake, Lago di Como. I'm still learning the language, which isn't a piece of cake unfortunately but I'm getting the hang of it. And I'm meeting lots of new people and making new friends. Those aperativi are very helpful for that!

Besides my passion for cooking I developed another habit here, cycling, yes real cycling on a racing-bike with a helmet, gloves and those funny looking pants. It's actually all because my boyfriend is a semi-professional cyclist and loves riding his bike which seems to have been contagious.
And I must say it's really the best way to enjoy the amazing views, Como is so famous for.
I never knew sports could be so good for clearing your mind, it works as a kind of therapy for me. Even when I really have to convince myself to leave the house and get on my bike I always come back with an empty head( in a good way) and a smile on my face!

Now there's a lot more to it and you'll surely read more about my little life here, but there are some things you need to keep a secret...

A domani!

http://www.comon-co.it/


my favorite veg-shop in the via Milano

Lago di Como

church in Brunate

No comments:

Post a Comment