Thursday, October 7, 2010

MARKET!

I've just come back from the market and to show you how good shopping at the market is, I'll tell/show you the things I've bought..

I started at the butcher...the first thing Italians ask when they see a single(blond, tall, Dutch) girl is “Ha un fidanzato?” which means “Do you have a boyfriend” or actually it means 'are you engaged?' to which I always answer “YES” as loud and clear as I can otherwise you can imagine where the conversation would lead to. Happily I met his wonderful American wife soon after which whom I had a comforting chat in English.
The second thing Italians ask, after they found out that you actually have a boyfriend is “do you have kids?” They both thought we should have kids a.s.a.p because we both have blond hair and blue eyes...
Well I'm drifting off..I bought some steak, very thin sliced, for my schacciata di manzo con funghi.
Which is very thin meat with mushrooms, I'll serve it to my love and his mother who's coming over tonight!

Next I went to the dairy woman, which sounds a bit strange, but she has every kind of cheese, butter and milk all squeezed into about 4m3, to get some Parmigiano Reggiano, ricotta and butter. With those thing in the fridge you just know your dinner is going to taste good...

Then I went on to my all time favourite vegetable vendor, who didn't have much left, I bought some oranges, apples, onions, potatoes and fennel for the risotto I will make tonight.

The next thing I needed were some funghi, the ones I needed are called finferli, they are small and have orange/yellow colour, and some figs. The figs are so good right now, big and soft with a beautiful red colour on the inside.

On to the next stall, I still needed some zucchine(courgette), peppers, tomatoes. And to finish it off I bought a ripe Williams pear, some sweet peaches and a lettuce.

Pffff, and now I still have to go to the supermarket to get the rest! Gotta run!

A presto!

the bread I just baked with grano duro

finferli

groceries

No comments:

Post a Comment