Saturday, October 16, 2010

FLOWERPOWER!


Two days ago I went to my friend's company where they produce fabrics. He invited me to come to the stockroom to pick some fabrics I needed for my party outfit; my flower power dress for the Com'on party on the 23rd of October. I knew exactly what I wanted for this dress and doubted that he had that in his stockroom as they make ties mostly...
It was a true fabric heaven!! Flower jacquards everywhere and I could pick what I wanted. I chose four different types, two for my own dress and two for the shirt I'm going to make for my Love, who I'm dressing in something quiet ugly for this event, but thats the seventies right?

So as soon as I got home I started to make the pattern according to one of his regular shirts, that worked all right. Next I cut the fabric and now I'm at the stage of ironing on all the vliseline, the stuff thats inside the cuffs and collar to make them more firm. I just couldn't stop working on it, it's addictive!
But I still managed to squeeze in a ride on my bike and fixing a cornbread with my new organic cornflower, very curious how thats gonna turn out.

The dress I want to make for myself is going to be in pink and red flowery patters with lots of ruffles. I want it to be cute, seventies and a tad over the top! And my hair is going to be curly with hot pink ends. I can still do that as my hair is nearly white. But I'm growing my own colour now which is slightly darker.
I still have to figure out the shoes, maybe I'll find something at the second hand shop.

I'll keep you posted on the results!

Ps. I had a very interesting heavy desert yesterday at our dinner in Novara. It's called Pastiera and it's made with ricotta, eggs, boiled grains, sugared fruit, fior di arance, milk, cinnamon with a base of pasticcia frolla( regular pie dough)
It was heavy and light at the same time because of the creamy fluffy filling. It's a typical easter pie from Napoli. I found the recipe on this site..http://www.pastiera.it/ricetta.htm

Pastiera

Cornbread, I'll serve with pumpkin soup and gorgonzola

fabrics for my dress

No comments:

Post a Comment