Thursday, November 25, 2010

Lisa always...

Ik think everyone has something he/she always does, or is known for. Something like a good or a bad habit, or something you have always loved and is therefore a part of you.
This morning I woke up thinking about all my habits, the good ones and the ones I'd rather change.

Good ones:
- I love cats, can't seem to live without them I don't have one right now so I live with a surrogate cat (a fleece cat my mum bought me at the animal shop) and the pictures I have of my last two cats. Now I know this is not really a habit, but it's something that is very Lisa and that everyone knows me for.

- I love reading books. When I'm alone, I read. I've just started a new book called 'In ongenade' by J.M. Coetzee. It's supposed to be a real masterpiece, and I must say I'm intrigued by his style.
Other favorites of mine are: - 'The catcher in the rye' by J.D. Salinger
                                            - 'Hersenschimmen' by J. Bernlef
                                            - 'The alchemist' by Paulo Coelho
                                            - 'Winnie the Pooh' by A.A Milne
                                            - 'Como agua para chocolate' by Laura Esquivel
                                            - 'Mevrouw Verona daalt de heuvel af' by Dimitri Verhulst
                                            - 'Meneer Ibrahim en de bloemen van de Koran' by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt
And so many more, I really have to make a list of all the good books I read, just to remind myself of the beautiful stories.

- Since I've been living in Como, I really became addicted to sports. It feels so great to be outside, breathe some fresh air and let your body do what it's made for. Let it work a little or a lot and feel energized and free while doing it! And then when you come home, you feel all relaxed and even a bit proud of yourself for having run or cycled a bit faster or longer than the last time.

Now the bad ones:
- I'm addicted to nail polish since I was about 15 years old, I think. I have to wear it ALWAYS otherwise my nails  hurt..how weird is that? But the good thing about it is that my nails always look all right.

- I always leave bits of food lying around the house. When I eat a sandwich or a cooky I tend to leave the last bite on the table or anywhere really. I'm still trying to kick that habit...I have been for the last 15 years.

- When I cook, and that happens quiet often...I make a huge mess. I haven't learned how to cook and clean at the same time. So I cook first, make sure everything tastes good and is on the table at the same time (which is more important to me than the mess in the kitchen..maybe that's why this always happens) and then after dinner I clean the place. Now, my Love is a great fan of a clean kitchen so sometimes he cleans while I cook. We're a great team that way!

Miep and Snoes

No comments:

Post a Comment