Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pretty Pears!

Today, I just wanted to show you these wonderful pears I bought at the supermarket a few days ago. I couldn't resist them. At home we made a fresh pear and apple juice with our very posh juicer, which is also a kitchen machine and a blender in one.
It seems that the Italians have a feeling for the presentation of their foods and everything looks just a bit more colorful and ripe under the Italian sun.
These pears remind me of the Japanese way of showing their food( as it is almost an exhibition or fashion show as you reach the food dep. floor in one of their huge department stores), they are definitely still the masters of packaging. When I was in Tokyo in 2007 I bought more sweets than clothes, just because they were even more beautiful. Off course I also bought the obligatory kimono and those funny socks with separate toes. And I took a lot of pictures of the shy but outrageous looking Harajuku girls and boys.
Hopefully I'll have the chance to go back there soon as I would like to travel the country as much as the cities. To see a bit more of the original Japan which must be in such contrast with the hyper modern cities.

But for now I'll be enjoying La Bella Italia and her great food!


Italian pears


Pears in syrup with cinnamon cream

Pear in chocolate sauce, semplice, semplice!

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any picture of the sweets you bought in Tokyo, love to see them. Thks again for the inspiring posts on your blog. X

    ReplyDelete