Thursday, December 2, 2010

Getting used to my new life...

I've been living in Como for about a year now and you might say that one would be settled down. But there are times I still have to get used to my new life, the new way of life here in Italy. I never thought it would be so different from the life in Holland, it's not that far away you know.

Maybe it has to with the sudden way I transferred my life from The Netherlands to the Southernlands (even though we're right at the Swiss border). It went something like this....

I just graduated from my master in fashion and was working on a new collection which I was going to show at the Amsterdam Fashion Week. In the mean time I was working on my portfolio to prepare myself for this Com'on week in Como. Where I would participate as a young designer to meet textile companies. So took the plane to Milano, all curious of what was going to happen, on the 11th of October last year...

That's when my new life started...I fell in love or I'd better say in LOVE! with this wonderful Dutch (!) man who had been living here for the past 8 years of his life. At the end of this roller coaster week we knew this was love. I went home and decided I could not NOT go back to find out what this thing was that made me feel like never before, that gave me outrageously excited butterflies in my stomach.

I threw my life upside down and within a week I was back in Como. I organized an internship with a textile company and stayed in a hotel for the next six weeks. I think I spent a few nights there...

My new Love took me everywhere to show me his favorite places, restaurants and his friends. There was so much to see and do. We spent all of our time getting to know each other better, while being extremely in Love. People couldn't stop staring at us as we kissed our way through Como, 'the strange blond couple' who can't seem to get their hands off each other. We still do that, but it's not as bad as those first couple of months.

So, I guess it is a bit of an extraordinary story and a big change in my life. And how bad is it not to be used to so many things...it keeps life a surprise!

1 comment:

  1. Vedo che sei di Como come me.. passa a trovarmi : http://comingout-tm.blogspot.com/

    :):)

    ReplyDelete