Saturday, October 12, 2013

Cookbook project

Dear Reader,

It's been a few months since my last post, a lot happened lately...

My brother's amazing (!) Wedding end of august for which I had to prepare an outfit or two.
Of course I ended up making my own dress as I had some pastel colored silk lying around, which was perfect considering the theme of the wedding was Pastels. And I collected some silk flowers at a vintage shop in Amsterdam to fix a matching headpiece.

Then, as the sister of the groom, you should come up with a reasonably acceptable present, best made or bought from the heart.
After a bit of brainstorming I came to the idea of making them a personal cooking book.
The book includes all my favorite recipes that I have been perfecting throughout the years. As you can imagine it includes lots of desserts and cakes, but also a tutorial on 'how to make bread' and many other simple but delicious savory recipes.
I realized that making a cookbook takes quite some time and effort, it took me just over six months to complete the project. It starts with the writing of recipes, then the cooking, then I realized food photography is a whole new challenge to be taken on. Then putting everything together so it looks nice is another one...And choosing what goes in and what stays out. Phew!
But I must say I'm pretty pleased with the result and I more than profoundly enjoyed the whole process.

I'm working on a new and improved version now that will hopefully, one day, end up in some people's kitchen (other than my own and my mothers...).
To give you a sneak preview I added some example pages below. In case you are interested in one of the recipes, just let me know and I'll translate it in my next post!



copyright Lisa Weinberg

Peas soup copyright Lisa Weinberg

copyright Lisa Weinberg
Fig salad copyright Lisa Weinberg
                                   
Crostata copyright Lisa Weinberg
    
Headpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment