Monday, May 13, 2013

Easter Bunny Brunch!

Yes, I'm back! After a slight hick-up with the name of a whiplash and a more pleasant break from writing in the shape of our trip to the States, I'm back.

As I never like to exclude exciting moments from my blog I thought I'd start my comeback with a post about our Easter Lunch with friends.
I organized this festive lunch because I had the urge to revive family traditions and try some old and new recipes out on my friends.

I had my day planned full with decorating the table, painting eggs, baking the Easter bunnies and preparing all the other delicious things I had on my list.

I wanted to fill the table with a ray of Easter goodies that  I knew from my childhood on.
I started with doing some research on how to make the best Easter bunnies with the most fun shape. I got to the recipe of this speedy hopping bunny, I made them with buttery white bread dough and they turned out delicious, soft on the inside and golden and crispy on the outside.

Then I made my all time favorite scones, crumbly and warm, straight from the oven. I took Jamie Oliver's recipe this time, from his Great Britain cookbook. I served them with whipped cream and raspberry jam, as I like them best.

For a more savory touch I baked some wholemeal blini's and served them up with smokes salmon and sour cream and some dille. I also did a plain flour version but we all definitely preferred the wholemeal ones. I you see I was just in time to make a picture before they were gone!

My friend brought some fresh asparagus which I served with a vinaigrette dressing and scrambled eggs. I always make those with cream instead of milk as it makes them so much more silky and fluffy! Mmm!

To round up this scrumptious meal I had a New York cheesecake and a soothing cup of tea.

I could celebrate Easter every Sunday morning, without any problem!














1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete