Sunday, January 27, 2013

Patatje met!


Typical Dutch and o so delicious, these fries.
I say typical Dutch but actually we call them Belgium fries. They are fat, chunky and preferably hand cut. I always take one with Belgium mayonnaise, that is a bit sour and I prefer it to the sweeter Dutch version. 
The 'Patatje met' (fries with)you see on the picture was bought and eaten on the Damrak in Amsterdam at supposedly the best fries shop in town... I'm sure the next shop will argue with that statement. 
But surely, eating fries in a pointy bag with a wooden fork is a must when you go to Amsterdam, and it's always on my 'to do' list that I make just before I go there.

I enjoyed this portion of hot fries even more because it fit so well to my brand new  winter coat!






3 comments:

  1. Heerlijk, ook mijn favoriet! Vooral de ietsje zurige Belgische mayo! Mmmm. Dank voor de leuke post. De kleurcombi van jas en frietzak mag er ook wezen, met jou erin natuurlijk! Dikke kus e mams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heerlijk, ook mijn favoriet! Vooral de ietsje zurige Belgische mayo! Mmmm. Dank voor de leuke post. De kleurcombi van jas en frietzak mag er ook wezen, met jou erin natuurlijk! Dikke kus e mams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha this pic is so nice, Lisa met Patatje! And the fries look super delicious! I do miss these here as well, we also have very good dutch ones in Düsseldorf :o)
    But of course you can't compare that with eating fries in lovely Amsterdam!
    Buon Appetito! e a domani cara! Un bacio, Lisetta

    ReplyDelete