Saturday, March 3, 2012

Spring is coming!

Como has been my home for the last two and a half years now. I've experienced the change of the seasons quiet a few times now, but every time spring comes it surprises me. It just pops up one day, smelling delicious and making the birds sing out loud again!
I smelled it for the first time this year on the 14th of February, Valentine's day. I don't do Valentine's day, to me it's just a commercial feats, I celebrate being with my Love every single day. And I don't need to buy him presents to show him that I care.
But still it made the start of Spring a little more romantic.

Immediately I started to work on my garden, we planted some roses in pots and I cleaned out the little patch of ground in front of our house. Ready to be filled with some white and blue Hortensia and maybe some vegetables. I will have to find out how they will grow here in my new garden.

But first we have make the most of the winter and try to go for 1 or two more skiing trips! We often go to Livigno where they have beautiful slopes and stunning views. But last week we went to Andalo, to meet our family. We took al long weekend to enjoy the bright sun on our noses and the sauna and outside pool in the Spa of the hotel. It seemed that we had been away for a week!

As spring is still trying to make it's way through, I will now jump on my bike to say good morning to the sun!

Beautiful grappa bottles in Livigno, where we often ski.
Andalo Dolimites.
Garden in wintertime.

Just got out of work!

Lago di Como

Spring, 18 degrees!

Pots and plants

No comments:

Post a Comment