Thursday, April 7, 2011

flowerpots in Bellagio

It's starting to feel like summer here in Como and I'm so happy to be able to ride my bike without frozen hands and feet. Last weekend, after my Love came home from a 80 km ride, we cycled up to Bellagio together (another 60 km).
As soon as the sun shows it's face in this pretty little village the tourists start flying in. We sat down for a lemon soda and a piece of pie, as that's always much needed if you've only had breakfast before getting on your bike. I felt like a lucky girl sitting there next to my Love, overlooking the beautiful lake, wearing my new fancy cycling shoes...what else could you want?!
I spotted these nice flowerpots in the centre. They seem to put a lot of effort in keeping Bellagio look attractive, almost unreal pretty.
The next day my Love rode another 110 km while I did the housekeeping and prepared lunch. Which was a good thing, because as soon as he opened the door (when he usually says, 'Hi honey, I'm home..) he said without breath 'FOOD AND WATER'! It's obvious he's training hard for a race he's riding in two weeks.
He said it would be something I could also participate in but I think it's a bit too early for that. I've just started to become fascinated about cycling and I still have to train a lot to be able to ride a race... I'll be at the sideline cheering, Whoohoo!!!







almond cake and capuccio

bar San Remo, Bellagio

No comments:

Post a Comment