Thursday, February 3, 2011

Christmas dinner 2010

I know it's a bit late but as I had to inform you about this christmas dinner anyway. I thought, better late then never.
However, it is not a very christmassy dinner at all. We started with a light aperativo just like the one we have in Como at our favorite bar 'da Gigi'; little pieces of bread with cream of pumpkin, sage and lard with honey. Accompanied by a light prosecco.
Then I made a sashimi of tuna and salmon bought by my aunt at the very nice organic supermarket in Amsterdam called 'Marqt'. I marinated the cubes in soy-sauce and served it with some wasabi and ginger past and a green salad.
Next was the main dish, marinated lamb chops with a dried fruit-sauce, steamed spinach and oven-baked potatoes.
And last but not least, my favorite part of almost every meal, the desert. A chipolata bavarois with savoiardi on the outside, Mmmmm! I made it the day before so the different flavors were all nicely combined. It was a fluffy sweet tasty pretty thing!







Ape da Gigi

Organic Tuna and Salmon sashimi


lambchops with spinach and patatoes

Bavarois

My mom's after desert

the table

1 comment:

  1. wow, this looks so delicious! I'm so hungry right now :)

    ReplyDelete